Monday, April 12, 2010

Coming Soon...A Blog Makeover!

It's coming! Watch for it! My new blog! Well, sort of new. There is going to be a new title and a new look to my blog. I may even come up with some new content to add to the same old stuff you've been reading. Are you excited? I am.

Don't worry, the URL will not change so you will still find me at the same address on the web. If you have me bookmarked (and you should ya know...wink wink) you won't have to change a thing. But I'm giving you the heads up because when you stop in for a visit, I don't want you to think you are lost or in the wrong place.

Why the change you ask? First of all, I'm bored to death with the layouts and looks that Blogger has to offer. Sometimes a girl simply has to have a new do. You know how it is when there is so much in this world you can't control, you have a HUGE need to change those things you CAN control? (Okay, so it is sick, and I might need a counseling session or two. But I still refuse to admit to being a control freak!) 

Another reason for the change--evolution.

When I first started this blog, I did it as part of a writing assignment. I had never written a blog, and for that matter,  I'm not sure I'd ever read one either. I had no idea what I would write, why I would write, or who, if anybody, would read it. Now, honestly, I'm still a little unclear on those things, but the project has seemed to take a bit of a direction on its own. There have been uphill climbs and downhill slides, months of several regular postings and months of few sporadic postings. I've written about fun times, joyous events, struggles, heartbreak, trips, life's trials...a little bit of everything. And to what purpose?

Stepping back and looking at my beloved blog from afar, I see it as a record of my journey through this life, on my way to the next. Boy! What a trip! I've seen a common theme emerge from my peculiar pondering, less than fantastic photos, and random rambling. Joy.

Joy, not often evident or easily found, is something I intend to pursue continually. I'm not saying I'm always good at finding it, sometimes it finds me. But as I've journeyed through this life, and continue to do so, I know one place where I find joy no matter how bad or trying my circumstances, and that is at the foot of the cross. There, in the mix of blood and mud, is the birthplace of true and everlasting joy.

So, if you are stopping in here to read my blog for the first time, or if you are one of my faithful "followers" who has been traveling along with me from the beginning, I invite you to continue on this journey with me, all the way to the foot of the cross. It is going to be a DASHING and BOLD adventure!

3 comments:

Edie said...

I love reading your posts! They are always interesting and always make me laugh. Laughter is good medicine and you are a good friend. I wish we lived closer but hey 4 hours might be doable one day. :)

beckygtx said...

Boy, do I know the feeling. Look at my blog. I love to make it look different. Have fun changing yours up!

Karen said...

LOVE the new look....