Sunday, April 25, 2010

My Project Continued

I just now realized that I'm going to have a problem coming up with titles for all my Project 365 posts. Especial for days like these last few. Life has definitely NOT been dashing and bold. Unless, of course, I drop a piece of mail on the way back from the mail box, and with the wind blowing like it does here, then I might be seen DASHING after it. But besides that, dull and uneventful sums up the end of the week.

Here are my dull and uneventful photos. (I'm only a week into this yearlong hobby and I'm already having a hard time finding something fun and exciting to capture.)

 Hubby took this photo. Storm clouds building. We got just a quick sprinkle that barely wet the ground, but communities all around us experienced a little stormy weather complete with hail and tornadoes. Thankfully no serious damage was reported. (But if your livelihood depends on storm damage, you might be a little disappointed that more roofs weren't dinged up a little.) Yeah, we are needing work.

Can you see the windmill spinning? The last couple days the wind had been--well--down right horrible. I'm amazed sometimes that all our trees stay rooted. The wind triggers my allergies, so I cough and cough and ... I though you'd rather see a picture of the wind mill. (You're welcomed.)

We have three of these benches in our yard. Time and the elements have taken a toll. It is time for a little sprucing up. Above is the before photo and below is the after picture.

A little planing, a little slopping on of some tinted weather proofing stuff, a little wire brushing, a little spray painting...and wah-la! Good as new.

Today begins a new week, and it finds me hoping for answered prayers, encouragement, and yes, maybe even a little adventure.


Lavonda

6 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

I, for one, am enjoying all of your pictures. I absolutely love pictures of the clouds and we were describing the big fluffy white clouds of Texas and Oklahoma to someone out here in AZ today. I miss them, but will see them soon!!

Edie said...

We had a pretty good storm Friday night. I thought of you but alas, I still have my roof.

Hey what about those tornadoes that hit three states? You didn't get any work from that?

Still praying for you!!

Karen said...

I enjoyed your pictures and commentaries...here's hoping for a little adventure for you in the coming week....

Lavonda Pflug said...

LaVon,
Are you coming to Texas? Woo Hoo! Where in Texas? It's the best place on the planet you know. :)

Edie,
Thanks for the prayers, and no--not enough damaged of insured homes to call out the CAT team. We learned they deployed 3 adjusters but sadly we were not one of them.

Karen,
Thanks! I'm hoping and looking for that adventure...it is where we make it.

Diana Ferguson said...

Love the bench!

kanishk said...

great pics
free classified india