Friday, October 5, 2007

One Spare Moment

The last couple of days have been very busy. My daughter from Houston is home for the weekend. She brought her fiancee with her as well. It is good to have all of the girls around the house for a few days, and Natalie keeps us all smiling and laughing.

Today after I prepared breakfast for everyone that wanted to eat, I helped my husband load up some old junk that needed to go to the dump. After that, Patricia and I went shopping for a wedding gift we needed to buy. After lunch I watched some Veggie Tales with Natalie. She was supposed to take a nap, but Grammy was the one that got sleepy. We enjoyed rocking and cuddling even though the nap never happened, for either of us.

Now, just for the moment, all is quiet. Natalie's dog, Zoie, is eating our cat's food. Patricia and Natalie are in the guest room trying for the nap again, Rebecca is in her room watching TV, and Rick is out installing a new garage door opener. Kaleena and Clint went to town for the evening, and I am surveying the house. Twas once clutter free and clean, now... well... not so much.

The love, fellowship, good food and fun we've all enjoyed have left their marks. Life sometimes gets a little messy. Always when things seem to not go the way we would like, life feels like a mess, but even when things are good, clutter, chaos and confusion can start to pile up. It is wise to take just one spare moment and survey the situation. We usually need to take time to clean up and get organized, or set priorities. But for now, I think I will just be thankful for the mess, for it is evidence of a close family who likes each other's company and who knows how to have a good time.

No comments: