Friday, October 10, 2008

HighCalling Blog Community

I've recently joined up with other bloggers at HighCallingBlogs.com. It is a group of people whose faith and love for reading and writing blogs have created a community. There is no city hall or community center. No local watering hole or clubs, but it is community all the same.

One reason I signed on was because community is one thing that is missing in my life. My have-camper-will-travel lifestyle limits my opportunities to connect with other people. I miss being able to minister to others. I also can use some words of encouragement or conviction from time to time. High Calling Blogs help fill these needs.

I'm still learning my way around, just like the way I have to learn my way around a new town every time my husband is deployed. So far I'm enjoying the scenery. If you are not a part of a blogging community, and you have the time for it, I recommend High Calling. Who knows, we might run into each other on the street! If we do, I'll be sure to say "hi"

2 comments:

Sabrina L. Fox said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my Blog Lavonda. If you'll email me your address, I'll be happy to send you some books. :) I noticed you're Talkin' Texan ID, if you don’t already, you'll probably love Debra Clopton's Mule Hollow series. I have a few of those I'll include. She writes Love Inspired inspirational romance stories about Texas and is very fun to read. :) They’re short little books that make it easy to find time to read.

Anonymous said...

Nice intro post. :) I hadn't realized you were living such a mobile life. A virtual community is a good meeting place then!