Remember my new friend Sarah? I told you about her in yesterday's post. Well, she passed on this award or tag or a combination of the both. It has rules. Y'all know I'm not always good with rules. But here they are anyway.
The Honest Scrap Award: A) First list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it honest (hence, the award 'Honest Scrap'), even if you have to dig deep!
B) Pass the award on to 8 bloggers that you feel embody the role of the Honest Scrap. (This is an award only to display on your blog that everything you write on it is in truth, sincerity, and integrity.)
Now I don't know exactly what to do. I'm trying to think back and remember if everything I've ever written in every post is the absolute truth. I've been known to exaggerate sometimes, if I think of something funny. But for the most part, I am a truthful person. Do I accept the award or decline?
If it is a tag, then I can play tag, but to follow the rules and pass it along to 8 other bloggers I find difficult to do. I don't follow that many blogs and I'm afraid that they might get sick of me always tagging them. And I don't want to make them want to run away when they see me coming.
So, here's what I'll do. I'll let you know 10 more honest things about myself, but I will skip the tagging. If you stop by here and see this post as inspiration and want to get tagged, then grab the award and run with it! If you'd just as soon your readers not know honest scrap about you, then leave it alone. How's that?
Okay, honest scrap. Let me see...
1. I started going gray at the tender age of 25. My hubby doesn't particularly like my silver strands and he likes for me to get my hair color out of a bottle. So, that's what I do. But the honest scrap is...my roots are salt and pepper.
2. Day after day I don't see very many people or talk to anybody except my kids or my mom. (On the phone) So when I get around people I have a tendency to talk too much. That's the honest scrap.
3. I love my husband more than words can describe. But the honest scrap is, some days (and they are very few) I don't like him very much. But that's okay because some days he feels the same about me. (I'm not always a sweet nice person.) That's how marriage is sometimes. I'm glad that love conquers all.
4. Sometimes my arms ache to hold my grandchildren and hug my children. Honest mommy scrap.
5. My thumbs hurt. I guess I'm getting old. Opening jars has turned from a thoughtless action into a major ordeal. That's OLD honest scrap.
6. I might, statistically, be un-churched. Our on-the-road living and working rarely allows us to go to church. That makes me sad. But thankfully the Holy Spirit doesn't live in a brick building with stained glass windows. That makes me glad. Honest trying-not-to-backslide scrap.
7. I've told you this before, but I HATE washing dishes. I wish I could just throw dirty dishes, pots, pans and all, out the window after every meal. Honest lazy scrap.
8. I'm not scared of dying, but I'm not crazy about the dying process. I want to go instantly. Morbidly honest scrap.
9. I love my kids more than life itself. They are all my "favorite." Sometimes they frustrate me, but that doesn't change how I feel about them. More honest mommy scrap.
10. I'm tired of trying to think of honest things about myself. Not that honesty is a problem. It's just that I've got other things I need to be doing. Like vacuuming the floor. That's real life honest scrap!
If you pick up this award, let me know so I can read your honest scrap too!