Friday, January 18, 2008

Grandchildren

Yes, it has been a while since I posted, but I've been busy. I've been spending a lot of time playing with Natalie. A twenty month old, extra bright and energetic, can fill my day to the brim. She loves computers and every time she see mine up and running, she wants to "help" me or play a Veggie Tale game. She types really quickly, but doesn't spell well yet.

I will always cherish these days I've had with her and her parents and now her new baby sister. Gabriella made her way into the world on the 16th. Cute, sweet, and so tiny and innocent. She and her Mommy are still in the hospital due some spinal complications, but after two attempts with a blood patch, Patricia is now feeling a little better. If all goes well this evening, they will come home tomorrow. We are all looking forward to that!

I've decided there is nothing sweeter on the planet than grandchildren. (At least my grandchildren are the sweetest thing on the planet!) They are God's reward and gift to us for not killing our own kids when we were exasperated parents.

When I hold those sweet little girls and hear Natalie call, "Mimi!" from the other end of the house, I know God is good, and I am a blessed woman.

No comments: