Monday, January 21, 2008

Home

Home vs. Hospital....Hummm. Yes, home is always better.

My daughter and new granddaughter finally got to come home from the hospital today. Patricia is very tired but she is hanging in there. I am very tired too, but even more relieved that her pain is currently under control and she can be with both her girls and husband.

The little cot in the corner of the hospital room, where I spent the last two nights, served its purpose, but my bed in the guest room sure does look good tonight. I plan to rest well. Looking at the inviting mattress and contemplating how good it will feel beneath my aching back, I am reminded of the words of Jesus when he tested some who said they would follow Him wherever He went.
"The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head." Matthew 8:20.
You know, when I stretch out every night to go to sleep, I rarely give thought to the fact that I am protected by a roof and walls. Nor do I often wonder what life would be like if I had no place to rest, to lay my head. So, I have to ask myself, "Just what am I willing to do without for the sake of Christ? And where am I willing to go as I follow Him? Absolutely anywhere?" I will be wise to examine myself more often.------

Home is always a good place to be, but even better, it seems, after spending several days in a hospital.

2 comments:

God's Gal Sarah said...

I know that you must be so excited to be home in your own bed! I am relieved that Gabriella and Patricia are home safe...FINALLY!
It's true. Our Savior had no place to lay His head. And I find so many things to complain about. Humbling, huh?
We love you guys!

ShellyH said...

Hi, I just found your blog tonight, I have enjoyed reading it! I know what you mean about your "own" bed vs. a "hospital bed/cot" as I spent 3 months over the summer in the hospital. It was a miserable experience! Glad to hear every one is home again.