Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Pure Life

I know I'm a little quirky. I can be inspired by the strangest things--like this bottle of water. I bought it at a truck stop along some highway in some state. (I can't remember when or where.)
What grabbed me was the label, Pure Life. Wow! What will they think of next? I thought to myself--If only you could buy a pure life, bottled and ready for consumption for less than two bucks!

Maybe someone needs to tell the Nestle company that a pure life really can't be bottled. It can't be sold at a truck stop or convenient store.

God's word says, "How can a young person keep his life pure? [He can do it] by holding on to your word." Psalm 119:9 God's Word Translation ~~~ Yep, I'm afraid you can't have a pure life just by drinking bottled water.
The only way to really have a pure life is through the power of the Holy Spirit, holding on to God's Word! It might be a good idea for Nestle to shrink-wrap a Bible to their bottled water and sell it as a packaged deal.
Go get yourself a bottle of water and join me for a good long read. May our lives be pure.

No comments: