Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Another Day, Another City

We made it, safe and sound. Many, many hours on the road and even more $$$ spent on diesel, (OUCH!) but we made it. We are on the southwest side of Minneapolis, MN in a town called Shakopee.

The campground where we are is more of a "campground" and less of a "RV Park" than where we've been lately. And be sure it is no "Resort!" It's not bad though. We've got lots of trees, are located on the banks of the Minnesota River, and down in a valley. It has a restful feel even though we are near railroad tracks and get all the benefits (what ever they may be) of every train whistle blast--morning, noon, and night. Wi-Fi is not available except at the office up the hill. Right now I'm using Rick's wireless cell card, but it won't be available to me all the time. So if I'm able to post very often, I'll be hiking up the hill to the office. That's okay--I can use the exercise. The trees are so thick we can't get a good shot at the southern sky so we can't use our "Dish." Oh no! What am I going to do without the Weather Channel? I guess I'll just have to "Rough It."

I did take a little walk this morning to check out my immediate surroundings. I'll keep you in suspense for now, for a picture is worth --- well you know the rest, and I didn't have my camera with me. Sometimes it amazes me how much our great nation differs from state to state. A week ago I was singing, "Oh give me a home where the crawdads roam," and sweating by 7:00 in the morning. Today I am in the land of 10,000 lakes and I almost needed a jacket while I was on my walk. I'm feeling sorry for any of you suffering in the summer heat. Really, I am! If it makes you feel any better, know that I am enjoying the 68 degree day here an extra amount on your behalf!!! This place is nice in the summer, but I don't think it is where I want to be during the winter. After all, I am a southern gal. But, I'm going to make the most of being so close to the Canadian boarder while I can.

Rick's claims have been rolling in. He has almost 50 at this point. He has booked appointments over two weeks out and still has more to make. He always feels a little overwhelmed the first few days until he gets settled in and starts making his routine work for him. But he is good at what he does, and he'll be closing out files right and left before you know it. But you can pray for his stress level anyway. (Rain is in the forecast and that will slow him down and make him feel behind.)

We are camped in the Minnesota River flood plain. There has already been a lot of rain around here, so I would just as soon see some dry days myself. If we start to float away, I'll let you know.

Check out my map link and my weather link so you can get an idea of where I am and what it is like here. I'll take my camera when I go out next time so check back soon!

No comments: