Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Best Came Last

The best part of our vacation came last--at home with our children.And grandchildren.Of all the places we go, home is always the best. And nothing can ever compare to the love of family. God has blessed us so!

As I write this post we are in Arlington. Rick had his meeting on Tuesday, was assigned claims on Wednesday, is contacting his insureds today, and Friday we will head to Baton Rouge, LA. If you think about it, you could say a prayer for us. I'm expecting to have to "rough it" for a while because the area where we are headed has no electricity due to the storm. We do have a generator, but it will only run a few things, and gas for it is costly. I may not get to blog much. Oh No!!!

As always, it was hard to leave the kids, but we've got to make a living. I leave the pencil marks on my table and the hand prints on my mirror for weeks, just to remind me of those sweet little ones who call us by our REAL names--Mimi and Pawpaw.

No comments: