Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Grandeur

After we left Plymouth, we drove out to Cape Cod and went up into a lighthouse. The view was wonderful. I'll spare you the pictures here, but someday they may show up as a puzzle.
We started for home but decided to make one more "vacation" stop. There are no words to adequately describe the beauty...The campground where we stayed was on the shore of Lake Ontario. You know me--I just had to put my feet into the water. Just so I could say that I did. So far I've dipped my little piggies in the Pacific, the Atlantic, the Gulf of Mexico, and Lake Ontario. I lack 4 of the Great Lakes being able to say that I've waded in all the bodies of water that surround our great country. Across the lake we could see the buildings of downtown Toronto. We sat in the grass, holding hands, and watching the sunset. Though it was a little late, it made up for the bowl of blueberries I got for my anniversary.
Wow! I love it when God shows off!
The next day we spent the entire day at Niagara Falls. If you've never been there, put it on your bucket list. We had such a good day. I can't come up with the words I need to tell you about it. I've never seen anything like the falls. They are so beautiful and so grand. Powerful. Majestic. Loud. Mesmerizing. Here are only a few of the 100+ pictures I took. I had a hard time deciding which I should share with you. I hope you enjoy these, but keep in mind that no picture can do justice to the beauty that we experienced.
Above is some of the more gentle rapids leading up to the falls. Below I'm getting drenched by the Bridal Vail Falls.
Across the gorge is Canada. We didn't have our birth certificates, so we couldn't cross the border. If you go, make sure you have your passport or birth certificate and picture ID.

In all my wildest dreams I never dreamed that I would have the chance to be here. It is one of the "perks," I guess you could say, of the gypsy lifestyle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! These pictures are so awesome. God is so awesome. To think that He made something like that. I have always wanted to go to the Falls. I had no idea that they were so majestic. This makes me want to go even more. I will remember my passport as I would like to go into Canada just to say that I have been there. Thank you so much for sharing. Cindy

Lavonda Pflug said...

I believe you would love going to the Falls. On the Canadian side you can go in behind the Horseshoe Falls, between the water and the wall of the gorge. I think that would be TOTALLY AWSOME! When we left home we never thought about being there, so we didn't have our "papers." :(
Let me know if you go. I might stow away!!!