Sunday, September 21, 2008

We've Got Our Tickets!

I can't wait! I don't know if any of you ever make it all the way to the bottom of my blog posts, but if you do, you've been watching the countdown. Fireproof hits the big screen this Friday! I hope you all go see it.

Because:
1. Christians need to send a message to the big wigs in the motion picture industry that says, "We want wholesome, moral, God honoring entertainment!" The better this picture does on opening weekend, the louder our voice will be.
2. The message of the movie is one we all need to hear.
3. We can have something to talk about here. (That is, if you will hit that little comment button at the bottom of the post and leave your thoughts for me and everyone else to read.)

Just in case you have not done any research (follow the link and click on the about link) or read the Fireproof Blog, this movie was made by Sherwood Baptist Church in Albany, Georgia. They've done a movie called Flywheel and they also made Facing the Giants. I've seen both of their earlier movies and have enjoyed watching their skills as a movie making ministry increase. From script writing, acting, directing, make-up, you name it, these people (non-Hollywood-professionals) have done a great job. It is obvious that God has put together a group of people for His purposes.

We went to church in Baton Rouge this morning. It has been months since we were able to go to church anywhere. It was so good to get to participate in corporate worship again! Anyway, the church we attended had tickets for a private screening next Sunday afternoon. So next Sunday at 4:00, don't call me. I plan to be at the movies!!!! I hope you make time next weekend to go see Fireproof too. Check out the Fireproof web page to find the theaters where the movie is scheduled to open. Then, let me know what you thought about the film.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can not hardly wait. I saw this at the bottom of your blog a while back and told Jon that I wanted to go and see it. I then reminded him the other day that I wanted to go. Thank you for the reminder. That fog that I have got in my way of remembering that it was coming out. I will let you know what I think when I get to see it. Have a great day. Cindy